The history of KOPRA
KOPRA is proud of its long tradition as a truly students organization, founded by students for students. Here you find an abstract of KOPRA’s history:
- 1995: KOPRA (KOordinationsstelle für PRAktika) is founded to meet the increasing demand for interns in East Asian countries.
- 1997: the first KOPRA office in Tokyo opens up.
- 1998: KOPRA’s website www.kopra.org is online. The website consists of the extensive applicants database. The KOPRA e.V. is established.
- 1999-2003: due to the increasing popularity of KOPRA, the first companies become members of KOPRA e.V. to support its mission.
- 2004: thanks to generous support by Mercator Foundation (Stiftung Mercator GmbH), the KOPRA Head Office in Duisburg takes up employment with full-time staff.
- 2005: KOPRA broadens its activities to China, Germany, Korea and Japan and thus intensifies its multilateral exchange. The successful relaunch of KOPRA’s website with advanced services for students and companies is put into effect.
- 2010: the completely revised website with several new features for applicants and companies is online. Its innovative and contemporary design is reflected in the new KOPRA flyers.
Are you interested in KOPRA’s way to become the only Non profit web-based platform for internships and jobs focussed on East Asia? Please read more in our detailed KOPRA Chronology!