Kato Precision Railroad Models is a Japanese manufacturer of model trains located in Tokyo renowned worldwide for its high quality products. Aside from Japanese models Kato also manufactures American and European models in cooperation with its international partners.
We are currently searching for an intern as an addition to our international sales team from September/October 2019. During the internship you will have the chance to experience work life in Japan and gain practical experience in sales. You can expect a positive working environment, a variety of tasks i.e. supporting the sales team at trade fairs, and participation in exciting upcoming projects.
Since communication with your colleagues will be in Japanese, good to excellent Japanese proficiency is needed (JLPT N3 and above). One of your main tasks will include handling the communication with our international customers so excellent English and German proficiency are also mandatory.
- Communication with international customers
- Processing orders
- Clerical assistance
- Translations (German, English, Japanese)
- Support of the sales team during trade fairs (preparation, execution)
Please send your application in English or Japanese. We may ask promising candidates for an interview via Skype. In case you have further questions about the internship or application, don't hesitate to ask us.
Kato Sales Team
- Interest in sales
- Proficiency in German (native), English (excellent), Japanese (N3 and above)
- Interest in model trains or willingness to learn about the field during the internship- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point)- Independent, reliable, and open-minded
- Reimbursement of all commuting expenses from/to the workplace additionally to salary
- In possession of a working visa in Japan or eligibility to apply for the working holiday visa
- start/ end time of the internship are not fixed and can be adjusted, preferred start is from September/October and preferred duration is 6 months and above