J-Global is a fast-growing learning and development solutions provider based in Tokyo. We help companies unlock their potential to operate effectively in a mixed Japanese/Global business environment by introducing a new and better way of doing business that combines the most successful elements of both working styles. Join our forward-looking, fast-moving, multi-cultural team and help both Japan and the world learn to grow and prosper.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Advisory and Consulting Support
• Work at client site (well-known multinational corporation) as part of the J-Global consulting team, supporting the day-to -day work of our managers and senior consultants
• Support L&D projects by conducting bench-marking researching, analyzing client data, checking/formatting client-facing reports and presentations
• Attend meetings, create minutes, offer feedback/personal insights, propose own roles/tasks to help colleagues achieve milestones expeditiously
• J-Global Client Offices (Tokyo, Japan)
Internship Period (5-6 months):
• Period 1: December 2019-May 2020
• Period 2: January 2020-June 2020
• Monday - Friday (9:30-17:30)
• Unpaid (Expenses reimbursed.)
• Interns must have insurance for medical fees, accident, etc.
• Interns must bring at least one formal suit and conduct work on their own laptop.
To apply for this position, please submit the following:
• Cover Letter
• Note specifying desired period of internship, and whether Visa Sponsorship is necessary.
Please do not apply for this position if you cannot commit to the position for a minimum of 5 months, and/or if you do not have working permissions in Japan and are ineligible for Visa Sponsorship (see below).
• Fluent in English
• Japanese language proficiency (desirable but not necessary)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills
• Pro-active and out-of-the-box thinker
J-Global can sponsor "Cultural Activity" visas for the candidate, if the candidate is not a Japanese national/not already in possession of a Visa which permits unpaid activity in Japan.
Requirements for Visa Sponsorship for non-Japanese Nationals:
• Applicant must be enrolled as a student for the entire period of the internship.
• Internship is (ideally) part of the applicant's school curriculum and this can be proven with official documentation from the institution. Alternatively, professor can provide written letter vouching for the educational value of the internship.
If the intern does not meet the aforementioned conditions, JGlobal cannot sponsor the visa but can accept other visa types (e.g. working holiday, dependent, etc.).