monthly 150.000 Yen
Mercedes-Benz Japan Co., Ltd.
Homologation, Technical Service
Position number: N001
As a Trainee at our Narashino site you will have the opportunity to experience an intercultural working environment of a leading luxury car manufacturer.
You can improve your language skills by communicating within your team as well as with business partners outside of the company. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in assisting the process of certifying and inspecting vehicles imported from Mercedes-Benz production plants around the world.
As part of the team, your responsibilities will be:
1. Certification and Inspection (70 %)
• Supporting the certification and documentation process of vehicles imported into Japan, according to requirements of Mercedes-Benz HQ in Germany
• Preparation of documents and data for various departments within Mercedes-Benz Japan
• Coordinating with Japanese authorities, such as Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
2. Updating/Checking Regulations (15%)
• Supporting incorporation of new regulations/technologies into the Japanese market
• Providing information to the Mercedes-Benz Japan/HQ homologation team and Japanese authorities
3. Other tasks (15%)
• Communicating with HQ and production plants worldwide
• Translating documents
Starting date: January 2024 (Flexible)
*The internship is set for a period of 3-6 months
If you are interested in the above position, please attach your:
• Cover Letter
• CV in English (with a picture not older than 6 month)
• A short self-introduction in Japanese (about 500 letters, stating who you are and why you want to work here)
• Transcript of records from your university
• If applicable certificates/references of previous internships, work experiences, language skills etc.
* Please do not attach packed files, e.g., zip files
• Word: Basic
• Excel: Intermediate
• Past experiences with driving and interest in passenger cars are a plus
• Experience in working in a multicultural environment
• Experience in contacting authorities
• Fluent English (B2/C1)
• Fluent Japanese (JLPT N2 or higher)
• German is a plus
• Study of language, business administration or engineering related fields are of advantage but not required
Living support: Mercedes-Benz Japan provides its trainees with a monthly living support of 150.000 Yen. This will have to cover all the living expenses.
We are looking for interns who have an interest in automobile industry and want to work in an intercultural environment. Knowledge regarding cars is appreciated.
To submit your application please follow the link and apply via our internal career website.