The East Asian–Australasian Flyway Partnership (EAAFP) is a voluntary regional Partnership that serves as the key international framework to enhance collaboration for the conservation of migratory waterbirds and the sustainable use of their habitats along the East Asian- Australasian Flyway (EAAF). Currently, the EAAFP has 39 Partners made up of governments, international organizations, NGOs and the private sector. The EAAFP Secretariat is located in Songdo, Incheon, Republic of Korea and conducts a range of activities coordinating the day to day work of the EAAFP (e.g. communication with international and local Partners, liaising with the host country and city, organization of workshops, raising awareness for the public, fundraising activities, organization of the Meetings of Partners (MOPs) every two years). The main operating language of the Secretariat is English.
2. Job description
• Position title: External Relations Assistant
• Type of contract: Fixed-term (6 months)
• Work percentage: 100% (full time)
• Work hours: 09:30 – 18:30
• Official language: English
• Expected starting date: early September 2021 (negotiable)
• Reporting to: External Relations Manager, Chief Executive
• Supervisor: External Relations Manager
3. Duties and responsibilities
EAAFP is seeking a highly motivated individual for a full-time internship position of External Relations Assistant. This assignment will include but not limited to following responsibilities:
1) Resource mobilization support
− Support the planning and implementation of EAAFP’s resourcing strategies for public funding and private funding;
− Support the identification and profiling of potential donors (government, philanthropic organization, corporate, and individual donors) and help develop customized proposals in English and Korean if necessary;
− Assist the ER manager in coordination of Asian Development Bank’s Regional Flyway Initiative from EAAFP side;
− Assist the organization of the EAAFP’s 11th Meeting of Partners (MOP11) in Australia in 2022 on corporate engagement aspect;
2) Partnership and outreach events: provide assistance in planning and implementing various partnership engagement and outreach events that take place internationally and locally; attend external related events held in Korea and internally online, and draft articles and minutes of the event.
3) Support for coordinating the EAAFP Finance Sub-Committee: set up quarterly online committee meetings; draft meeting minutes and follow up on the Committee’s recommendations by assisting the ER manager.
4) Support the launching of EAAFP Corporate Champion Programme: assist the planning and implementation of the work plan and promotion plan of each corporate Champion, and provide a logistical support for successful launching of a pilot programme in 2022
5) Coordinate the EAAFP Volunteer Programme: regularly update the volunteer application status and liaise between candidates and the office along the recruitment process and the certification phase
- A global ESG trend, best practices of environment related CSR (circulation of bi-weekly CSR brief), and its application to EAAFP’s corporate engagement
- Biodiversity Financing, Nature-related Financial Disclosures, and Financing for post- 2020 Global Biodiversity Framework
7) Other duties
- Translation: translate work documents produced by the ER team from English to
Korean and vice versa and facilitate simultaneous interpretation at international
workshops and meetings as required.
- Administrative Support: Support daily administrative task, such as preparing correspondence, shipping mails, and preparation of weekly team meetings; Assistance in recruiting new interns.
• Enrolled university students or graduates majoring in communications, marketing, business administration, international relations, environment, biology and/or other related fields.
• Full competency of using English (both written and spoken) is required. Additional EAAF languages (e.g. Korean, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Bahasa Malaysia, etc.) skills are a plus.
• Well-developed computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
5. How to apply
Please submit the set of documents listed below by email to email@example.com no later than 23rd August 2021 (Monday).
• EAAFP Internship Application Form
• A personal statement: Describe your motivations, reason for applying and career goal
(up to one page).
• A sponsorship letter (if you have a sponsor to this programme)
• A reference letter when requested.
Enrolled university students or graduates majoring in Communication, IT, Global Affairs, Business Administration, Procurement or any other related discipline.
As the Secretariat’s working language is English, full competency of using English (both written and spoken) is required. Additional EAAF languages (e.g. Korean, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Bahasa Malaysia, etc.) skills are a plus.
Publication & Graphic Design Support
Social Media Management Support
Photography & Video Editing Support
Application deadline: August 23, 2021
※ Intern’s duties can be changed subject to the office circumstances.