EAAFP Internship programme
The East Asian–Australasian Flyway Partnership (EAAFP) is an informal and voluntary
Partnership that serves as the key international framework to enhance collaboration for the
conservation of migratory waterbirds and the sustainable use of their habitats along the East
Asian-Australasian Flyway (EAAF). Currently, the EAAFP has 37 Partners made up of
governments, international organizations, NGOs and the private sector.The Secretariat of the
EAAFP is located in Incheon, Republic of Korea and has the responsibility for coordinating the
day to day work of the EAAFP, e.g. administration and communication, to liaise with the host
country and city, as well as to organize the Meetings of Partners (MOPs) every two years. The
main operating language of the Secretariat is English.
2. Job description
• Position title: Communication Assistant
• Type of contract: Fixed-term intern (6 months)
• Work percentage: 100% (full time)
• Languages: English and Korean
• Expected starting date: Septemeber, 2021 (Negotiable)
• Reporting to: Communication Officer, Chief Executive
• Supervisor: Communication Officer
3. Duties and responsibilities
EAAFP is seeking a highly motivated individual for a full-time internship position of a Communication Assistant. This is an opportunity to gain practical experience in developing and maintaining an innovative, professional website while working with a small team of dedicated professionals. This assignment will include but not limited to following responsibilities:
1) Publication & Graphic Design Support: Produce CEPA (Communication, Education and Participation, Awareness) related materials including brochures, posters and flyers; managing the publications and liaising with service providers to ensure that high quality deliverables are timely supplied;
2) Flyway Activities Support: Support the coordination and the organization of EAAFP meeting and activities, particularly World Migratory Bird Day, conduct translation (from Korean to English or vice versa), editing and simultaneous interpretation; assist in responding to media; in particular to support a flyway-wide youth programme.
3) Communication Support: Support delivery of information and assist coordination of activities with EAAFP Partners, Working Groups and Task Forces, esepcailly CEPA Working Group, as well as Programme Team, Science Unit and External Relations Team within the Secretariat.
4) Website and Social Media Management Support: Provide assistance to managing the EAAFP website (WordPress), SNS channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and e-Newsletter; coordinate the maintenance of software programmes (Basic computer software, Outlook, Microsoft programs etc), required to maintain the office IT and website;
5) Photography & Video Editing Support: Assist for managing EAAFP Flickr, YouTube and raw data for publishing in the EAAFP website/SNS; making/editing videos of interviews or speeches for EAAFP events;
6) Administrative Support and Data management: Support all staff members on routine administrative work, such as preparing correspondence, sending faxes, making photocopies, assisting with bulk mailings, and solving IT-related problems. Good computer skills in Microsoft Office software; Give assistance to the Communication Officer to manage the network attached storage (NAS);
※ Intern’s duties can be reviewed and changed after probationary period of one month
4. Educational Requirements, Minimum Qualifications & Credentials:
• Enrolled university students or graduates with experience in developing and maintaining websites.
• Applicants should describe website development/maintenance related experience in their cover letter and CV/resume.
• As the Secretariat’s working language is English, full competency of using English (both written and spoken) is required. Additional EAAF languages (e.g. Korean, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Bahasa Malaysia, etc.) skills are a plus.
5. How to apply
Please submit the set of documents listed below by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• EAAFP Internship Application Form
• A personal statement: Describe your motivations, reason for applying and career
goal (up to one page).
• A sponsorship letter, if you have a sponsor to this programme
• A reference letter when requested.
More information: https:www.eaaflyway.net/job-openings/internship-programme/
Enrolled university students or graduates majoring in Communication, IT, Global Affairs, Business Administration, Procurement or any other related discipline.
As the Secretariat’s working language is English, full competency of using English (both written and spoken) is required. Additional EAAF languages (e.g. Korean, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Bahasa Malaysia, etc.) skills are a plus.
Publication & Graphic Design Support
Social Media Management Support
Photography & Video Editing Support
※ Intern’s duties can be changed subject to the office circumstances.
Application Deadline: August 23, 2021