EAAFP Internship programme
The East Asian–Australasian Flyway Partnership (EAAFP) is an informal and voluntary Partnership that serves as the key international framework to enhance collaboration for the conservation of migratory waterbirds and the sustainable use of their habitats along the East Asian-Australasian Flyway (EAAF). Currently, the EAAFP has 37 Partners made up of governments, international organizations, NGOs and the private sector.The Secretariat of the EAAFP is located in Incheon, Republic of Korea and has the responsibility for coordinating the day to day work of the EAAFP, e.g. administration and communication, to liaise with the host country and city, as well as to organize the Meetings of Partners (MOPs) every two years. The main operating language of the Secretariat is English.
2. Job description
• Position title: Communication/IT Assistant
• Type of contract: Fixed-term intern (6 months)
• Work percentage: 100% (full time)
• Languages: English and Korean
• Expected starting date: Immediate
• Reporting to: Communication Officer, Chief Executive
• Supervisor: Communication Officer
• A small amount of monthly allowance may be given.
3. Duties and responsibilities
EAAFP is seeking a highly motivated individual for a full-time internship position of a Communication/IT Assistant. This is an opportunity to gain practical experience in developing and maintaining an innovative, professional website while working with a small team of dedicated professionals. This assignment will include but not limited to following responsibilities:
1) Publication & Graphic Design Support: Produce CEPA (Communication, Education and Participation, Awareness) related materials including brochures, posters and flyers; managing the publications and liaising with service providers to ensure that high quality deliverables are timely supplied;
2) Website Management Support: Provide assistance to managing the EAAFP website (WordPress), SNS channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and e-Newsletter; coordinate the maintenance of software programmes (Basic computer software, Outlook, Microsoft programs etc), required to maintain the office IT and website;
3) Outreach Programme Support: Support the coordination and the organization of EAAFP meeting and activities, conduct translation (from Korean to English or vice versa), editing and simultaneous interpretation; assist in responding to media;
4) Photography & Video Editing Support: Assist for managing EAAFP Flickr, YouTube and raw data for publishing in the EAAFP website/SNS; making/editing videos of interviews or speeches for EAAFP events;
5) Administrative Support: Support all staff members on routine administrative work, such as preparing correspondence, sending faxes, making photocopies, assisting with bulk mailings, and solving IT-related problems. Good computer skills in Microsoft Office software;
6) Data Management: Give assistance to the Communication Officer to manage the network attached storage (NAS);
※ Intern’s duties can be reviewed and changed after probationary period of one month.
4. Educational Requirements, Minimum Qualifications & Credentials:
• Enrolled university students or graduates with experience in developing and maintaining websites.
• Applicants should describe website development/maintenance related experience in their cover letter and CV/resume.
• As the Secretariat’s working language is English, full competency of using English (both written and spoken) is required. Additional EAAF languages (e.g. Korean, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Bahasa Malaysia, etc.) skills are a plus.
5. How to apply
Please submit the set of documents listed below by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• EAAFP Internship Application Form
• A personal statement: Describe your motivations, reason for applying and career goal (up to one page).
• A sponsorship letter, if you have a sponsor to this programme
• A reference letter when requested.
Enrolled university students or graduates with experience in developing and maintaining websites.
As the Secretariat’s working language is English, full competency of using English (both written and spoken) is required. Additional EAAF languages (e.g. Korean, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Bahasa Malaysia, etc.) skills are a plus.
Applicants should describe website development/maintenance related experience in their cover letter and CV/resume.
※ Intern’s duties can be changed subject to the office circumstances.
Applications would be reviewed until the position is filled.