Soompi is seeking a focused and ambitious editorial intern to join our growing editorial team in Seoul, South Korea.
The editorial intern will work closely with writers and senior editors from around the world to produce engaging, insightful, and fun digital content. Candidates must be passionate about producing content that can reach a mass audience and connect people with each other and with Korean entertainment and culture. Our editors are fully involved in all stages of the editorial process.
The editorial intern must be knowledgeable about Korean entertainment and culture. She or he should also have knowledge of the various global communities and media coverage currently evolving around Korea’s creative and cultural content.
As an editorial intern, you will be working with the full-time staff at the Soompi Seoul office near the Sinsa Station. The position is paid, with the 4 major Korean insurances provided. The contract term is 6 months and the position will begin ASAP.
● Writing posts for publication on the site each day
● Track and research trends and stories related to Korean entertainment and culture
● Provide feedback and editorial support to other writers on the team
● Brainstorm with Soompi editors and the Viki team to continuously improve content and build community
● May need to work on weekends
How to apply:
Send a resume, cover letter (please note what type of visa you have if you are not a Korean citizen), a translation of this article here: https:entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001136006, and a couple of original topics you would like to write about to firstname.lastname@example.org with [Editorial Intern Application] in the subject field.
Knowledgeable about Korean entertainment.
Fluent in Korean and English.
● Fluent enough in Korean to be able to read and translate written material
● Have strong command of English grammar
● Strong writing skills with an energetic, positive written voice
● Have good knowledge of the Korean entertainment industry
● Must be organized, pro-active, and dedicated
For more information about job opportunities at Soompi, go to https:www.soompi.com/jobs.
You must be able to work legally in Korea, meaning that you will be a South Korean citizen or possess a proper visa. F-4 (for people of Korean heritage) and H-1 (for people from Australia, France, Canada, Japan, and New Zealand, United States) will suffice, and other visas may be an option. We can not sponsor visas. For more information, go https:www.visa.go.kr/.