Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus Corporation is an integral part of Daimler AG, one of the world's most successful automotive companies. With its divisions of Mercedes-Benz passenger cars and vans, Daimler trucks and buses, and financial services, the Daimler Group is a leading global vehicle manufacturer and the world's largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles with a global reach. Mitsubishi Fuso serves as a center for the development of light-duty trucks, electric and hybrid technologies.
We, the Truck Operating System management team, are responsible for lean management and lean consulting for MFTBC. Our international consultants analyze and improve business processes, foster lean mindsets, train employees in lean methods and share best practices in operations and indirect areas. As change enablers, we guide the organization towards digital transformation.
As one of our responsible tasks, we will host a Daimler trucks group-wide operations conference in June 2019. In this event, many colleagues in charge of different operational functions world-wide will gather to share lean ideas and to discuss future technologies in order to further improve our production.
Currently, we are looking for a motivated student who aspires to work together with us and host this event. The job includes the below tasks:
- Alignment of the concept and contents of Daimler trucks group-wide operation's conference, which will take place in Kawasaki, Japan in June 2019
- Preparation of the conference, including participants’ logistics, event reception, catering, printing posters/flyers, ordering event related goods, setting up an event site, organizing exchange activities, etc.
- Communication with all involved internal and external parties
- Possible assignment to process optimization projects (core task of our team) when conference preparation task volume is not high
- Assignment duration to be agreed between applicant and us, athough the core period from April 1st to June 30th, 2019 is required
The nature of the assignment itself is organizing a conference; however, the theme of the event is future production and lean approaches. Thus the assignee may benefit if he/she is studying production or mechanical engineering, and/or interested in automotive production/ production process improvement (KAIZEN).
Other points of interest:
- Flexibility in working assignment and daily working time (Flextime is applied with total working hours per month fixed)
- Applicant needs to be enrolled as a university student throughout his/her entire internship period
- Allowance to be 130,000JPY per month for a contract of 40h/week
- Visa application will be supported
Currently studying business/ engineering in undergraduate or graduate school.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good communication skills
- Fluent English skills mandatory (conversation, reading, writing)
- Mid to advanced Japanese conversational skill
- Japanese writing skill is an advantage (mainly emails)
High motivation in acquiring knowledge and experience in:
- Handling communication for organizing a large event with many stake holders
- Handling event organization from a supportive and administrative context
- Communication in a multi-cultural environment
- Interest in process optimization, especially in production area and/or latest automotive production, industry 4.0
Commuter bus service connecting our K1 and K2 premises with nearest Shin-kawasaki and Motosumiyoshi stations. Available for all interns and employees, free of charge.
Free Gym in Kawasaki K1 premise.