Product Engineering– MFTBC / Daimler Trucks Asia
Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC) is an integral part of Daimler Trucks, the world’s largest truck manufacturer. With our FUSO brand, we make up approximately 40% of the Daimler Trucks sales volume with a presence in more than 160 markets worldwide. Since 1932 Fuso has been delivering high quality Trucks & Buses, and today we shape the Industry - from the first electric Truck to robust trucks for growth markets in Africa, Asia and South America.
By combining Japanese tradition and the global power of Daimler, Mitsubishi Fuso provides unparalleled experiences in a world leading company. Working at MFTBC means cooperating with high performing, international colleagues every day and getting responsibility from day one onwards.
Applying for an internship position in Product Engineering, your CV will be shared among the different teams that your department of choice consists of. These teams then will approach you directly and conduct the application process independently. In your internship, you are facing a diverse set of tasks named below. Your detailed tasks then will be communicated by your future manager throughout the application process.
Product Engineering Tasks
• Project Management in direct coordination with management
• 3D Modeling
• Vehicle & Components testing
• 2D Digital Design with Photoshop and Illustrator
• Driving Simulation-related responsibilities
• Fuel-efficiency standards calculation
• Regular communication with colleagues from other Daimler entities – specifically Germany, India and America
• Advanced IT skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Visualization Skills with Maya, VRED
• Photoshop and Illustrator
• Business English (required)
• Intermediate Japanese skills (preferred)
• Understanding of corporate processes
• Interest in the automotive and particularly the truck industry
• Strong teamwork skills and multicultural awareness
• Professional work attitude
• Previous internship experience preferred
• Analytical Thinking Ability
We are glad to assist you on preparing for your trip to Japan. Naturally, we provide all documents required for visa application as soon as soon as your internship has been approved by the department. Also, we lend you a hand with finding accommodation and getting started in Japan.
Please note that the minimum internship duration is three months. Also, you may conduct two internships subsequently within two different teams or departments of interest. Thus, you are entitled to extend the maximum internship duration of six months. To be eligible for an internship, you have to be enrolled as university student throughout your whole internship period.
To apply for this offer, please go to the following link and submit your CV:
After your submission is completed, you will be asked to fill out a survey, in which you can select your desired departments.