Vientiane, Laos or Yangon, Myanmar
Sunlabob Renewable Energy (Sunlabob) is a venture-backed internationally-focused company
specializing in renewable energy and clean water solutions throughout the developing world.
Established in 2000, the company has expanded far beyond its initial focus in Laos, now providing its
integrated expertise of rural electrification and renewable energy to governments, multilateral
development agencies, multinational companies, NGOs and SMEs throughout Southeast Asia, India,
Africa and the Pacific.
The company to-date has offices in Vientiane, Laos (HQ), Yangon, Myanmar, and Singapore.
Sunlabob’s engineering internship is a fantastic way for students to make a meaningful impact in
developing countries, while gaining valuable professional experience. The internship requires a full time
commitment of at least 4 months, and roles are available in either the Vientiane office in Laos or the
Yangon office in Myanmar, depending on expected needs.
The intern will work closely with a multi-cultural team of engineers and project managers and provide
engineering support for Sunlabob projects. Successful completion of the internship will rely on strong
technical and communication skills, and an excellent work ethic.
- Designing renewable energy systems using Helioscope, HOMER, Excel and other software
- Drawing electrical single line diagrams and system designs using AutoCAD
- Conducting site assessments
- Assisting with tender bid submissions
- Project proposal and documentation development
- Project implementation and on-site supervision support
- Energy efficiency assessments
- Developing and maintaining Sunlabob’s internal databases and knowledgebase
- Continual improvement of Sunlabob’s processes
Technical knowledge and experience in at least one of the following areas: Renewable energysystems (particularly solar PV systems), off-grid power systems, mini-grids/micro-grids, buildingelectrical systems, electrical distribution, battery technology, commercial energy efficiency orconstruction projects.
- Technical knowledge and experience in at least one of the following areas: Renewable energysystems (particularly solar PV systems), off-grid power systems, mini-grids/micro-grids, buildingelectrical systems, electrical distribution, battery technology, commercial energy efficiency orconstruction projects.- Familiarity with electrical components and electrical engineering- Experience with AutoCAD or other drawing tools- Experience with design tools such as Helioscope, HOMER, PVSyst and Excel- Ability to interpret technical details and site drawings, and communicate effectively about them- Self-motivated, self-starter who can work independently- Creative and adaptive problem solver
We will provide the visa costs. We can also help with any travel arrangements; the intern will handle the payment.
We want to see motivated, enthusiastic and capable people, and if they are involved in paid jobs then we will also giving them a fair bonus at the end of the internship.