Ebina City, Kanagawa Prefecture
130.000 JPY (40h/week)
☆ SCM - Logistics Planning Project Internship ☆
PABCO is a subsidiary of “Mitsubishi-Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation” and part of the Daimler group.
With an annual turnover of around 25 billion JPY, we are one of the leading suppliers of truck bodies
in Japan for both captive and other OEM’s chassis. This entire turnover is generated by the domestic
business in Japan.
For our headquarters in Ebina, Kanagawa, Japan, we are looking for interns in the following department:
• Supply Chain Management - Logistics Planning Project
You are the right candidate for this internship, if you want to work on the following tasks:
Main Task 1 Create and maintain excel database of parts
- Physical verification of parts in the warehouse and lineside for locations, part weight, packaging, lot size
- In case of missing information, to physically collect the data
- Excel entry of data collected including usage, inventory norms, storage norms, line side presentation and existing feeding methods.
Main Task 2 Supporting for Logistics planning
- Analyze parts storage and feeding at various locations within the plant and warehouses
- Analysis of work-flow and volume data w.r.t consumption patterns
- Create options to improve material flow, storage norms and material handling norms( such as flow racks, Kanban etc.) including the use of better material handling equipment
- Coordinate for procurement, trials & installation of equipment
- Train the shop floor operators / logistic operators for efficient use of the new equipment installed
- Support as interpreters (English to Japanese and vice versa) and document translators
- Schedule management and creating documents by PPT, Word and Excel
- Support other departments in SCM need based
- Participate in the Intern Project PABCOnnect
• Required - Excel skills for Data Analysis
• Nice to have – basic knowledge on how MRP (Materials Requirements Planning) works
• English (Business Level) and Japanese (at least N3, you must be able to communicate with Japanese employees)
You are the right candidate, if you fulfill the following requirements:
• Interested to know more about a Japanese working environment
• You are available for a full-time internship (40h per week) for 4-6 months
• You are enrolled as a University Student during the entire Internship period
• Preferred Degree / Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain
• Basic understanding of Global supply chain and logistic practices
• You are well organized, able to work independently and ready to take responsibility
• You have a structured work-approach and logical mindset
• You have a “let’s do it” attitude and you are pro-active
• You are an open minded person with high people skills
Assistance for visa application
Assistance for finding accommodation
Commutation support up to 15,000 JPY
☆ Please send us your CV in Japanese AND English.
The application process takes some time, so please submit your application early on (at least 2-3 months in advance if you do not hold a Japanese passport or are currently not in possession of a Japanese visa), even if the internship period is further ahead.
The starting/ end dates are adjustable if needed.